I know this is already “old”, but I tried to categorize the fixes for this latest rollups based on the CRM forum threads and based on some features that are a little notorious for having a few issues now and them (if you know what I am mean.)
Update Rollup 1 for CRM 2013 Service Pack 1 resolves the following issues:
CRM Outlook Related
- Emails with attachments created while in Offline mode throw an error while going Online if user is set to use CRM Email form as the default email form for outlook
- Duplicate records created if Save or Save and Close is pressed multiple times
- When tracking an email through the CRM Email Router, when there are two images embedded in the body and one of the images is a link to an image (url), the email that is not a link to an image gets duplicated and replaces the one with the link.
- Unable to select body in completed Email activities
- When you apply conditional formatting to a CRM view in the CRM for Outlook Client, you receive an error when changing the sort order and navigating to page 2 of this view: “There was an error displaying the records in this view.”
- Forms opened as the result of the Convert To, Set Regarding, or Set Parent ribbon actions cause the forms to be opened in the Outlook process rather than the WebFormsHost process which may cause Outlook to become unstable.
- When a user who has delegated access to a calendar receives a Meeting Request for another user, if they track the item in CRM and then try and set the regarding object, the appointment is never created in CRM. The appointment states, “This meeting will be tracked in CRM after it is saved or sent”.
- CRM users who accept and track appointments received from a sender using a POP3 email provider such as Hotmail or Gmail may notice duplicate Appointments in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Users of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Client for Outlook are prompted to enter credentials when downloading attachments
- When you attempt to export a view to Excel from the explorer ribbon in the CRM client for Outlook an error is received. The error is received if the view that you are exporting contains attributes from related entities and the total number of attributes is 10 or greater. This begins to occur after Service Pack 1. Useful error information can be obtained from the server platform traces Platform Error: >Crm Exception: Message: Number of link entities in query exceeded maximum limit., ErrorCode: -2147204339
Tablet/Mobile client related
- Unable to configure CRM for Tablets on iOS7 devices. Not caused by a specific entity just the combination of many customized entities.Cannot uninstall Managed Solution after Service Pack 1 Product Updates have been applied
- Mobile application fails to configure due to metadata inconsistency in views
- Cannot configure CRM mobile application due to failed metadata loading when LabelText is missing
- Users clearing the value on a business required lookup field may notice that any onChange events attached to that field are executed twice using the field’s old value.
- In an Opportunity that you have created, click + beside “Sales Team” sub-grid, select “Lookup more records” and select multiple users. When you press OK, there will be an error on the page and not all users are added.
- CRM reports embedded in IFRAME objects (on forms / dashboards /etc…) no longer display correctly when using Internet Explorer 9 or Internet Explorer 10
Generic SQL Errors
- Users migrating databases from external systems to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 will experience Generic SQL Errors. Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding
- The Business Process Error dialog that contains the debug file is not displayed when a profiled plugin is executed on a grid refresh. An unhandled exception occurs instead.
- Cannot display Notes intermittently if setting Note as the default tab of the social panel
- You receive the below error once you enter the text in any Activity, Task, or Notes after entering text with ‘@’symbol in the POST’s under Social Pane of any record. “Access Denied. This form is no longer available. As a security precaution, Microsoft Dynamics CRM does not automatically resubmit your information for you. To continue, close and reopen the form, enter your information again, and then save the form.” This issue appears on all Refreshed forms which have Social Pane.
- When trying to change the parent account relationship behavior. On the first try everything goes well but after saving and publishing all customizations any change will be not be saved. The following error is thrown: The related entity has already been configured with a parental relationship or a relationship where some behaviors cascade. Select the referential relationship type.
- When attempting a lookup on a field that will be filtered by a N:N relationship, the following two errors are shown: There was an error while trying to resolve the typed in text. Please use the lookup dialog to set the value. An error occurred. Please try your search again.
- When opening a record containing a reference to a child record using a quickview control, that does not have access to the child record will prevent you from opening the parent record, resulting in a privilege error despite you have full permissions on that parent record
- Users of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 are not able to create a parental relationship between two custom entities if the related entity has an attribute with the Image data type.
- When two entities have an N:N relationship and a new subgrid is added to one of the entity forms, it will not display the + icon.
Migration from CRM 2011
- Cannot upgrade solutions with custom activity entities after upgrading from CRM 2011 to CRM 2013
- After upgrading to CRM 2013 you are not able to import translations for display strings when other languages have been enabled and were customized prior in CRM 2011.
- Consider this scenario where you have a CRM 2013 environment that was upgraded or has 2011 customizations imported. When customizing an Entity’s new Refreshed form using the “Merge Forms” functionality some Event Handlers are merged but do not appear in the Form Properties Event Handlers section. When adding the script event handlers manually it is observed that the scripts fire twice. This occurs for any control that already has a CRM internal or manually added Event Handler on the target Refresh form.
- When the ownership of an Opportunity changes in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, the ownership of the corresponding Lead also changes.
- When revising a quote on a form that utilizes a custom business process flow in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, users will receive the following error: Unexpected Error An error has occurred Downloading the error log provides additional information: Crm Exception: Message: An unexpected error occurred., ErrorCode: -2147220970, InnerException: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index at System.Collections.CollectionBase.System.Collections.IList.get_Item(Int32 index) at Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.BusinessProcessFlowServiceInternalHandler`1.NavigateToNextEntity(Guid currentEntityId, String currentEntityLogicalName, Guid nextEntityId, String nextEntityLogicalName, Guid processId, ExecutionContext context)
- Users in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 receive “An error has occurred. Please return to the home page and try again.” error dialogs when deleting more than one product at a time from an Opportunity, Sales Order, Quote, or Invoice record.
- Clicking on a HTML Web Resource within an IFrame does not perform the Mscrm.SimpleInlineControlEditView.prototype.onPageClick which then forces a call to Mscrm.FormDataControl.prototype.setAttributeValueFromControl. This calls Mscrm.FormDataControl.prototype.setAttributeValue to update the value of the attribute in a newly updated text Mscrm.TextBoxControlEditView so that when script is run inside the IFrame and accessing parent.Xrm.Page the value is in correct.
- Users of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 who have configured SQL Reporting Services to run under a service account from a trusted domain will see the following errors when attempting to run a report: An error has occurred during the report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Cannot create a connection to data source ‘CRM’. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException: There is no such object on the server.
Server Side Sync
- CRM 2013 Server Side Sync fails for users randomly with “This operation can’t be performed because one or more items are new or unmodified.”
- Option Set is not selected on first click
- When you upgrade to Service Pack 1 CRM 2013 and you have workflows that contain wait conditions on attributes the wait conditions may fail if they are NOT of the following attribute types DateTime Status Boolean Decimal Float Money Integer Picklist/OptionSet This occurs if you have enabled the OrgDbOrgSetting: ActivateAdditionalRefreshOfWorkflowConditions
- Selecting value from dropdown doesn’t select the value
- Duplicate records created if Save and Save and Close is pressed multiple times
- When a team owns a record and that record is also shared with that same team, no user is able to remove the sharing from that record
- Exceptions that originate from an asynchronous plugin’s constructor will cause the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Async service to terminate.
- If a business rule is defined on an entity with conditions that include where a field “does not contain data”, when an existing record is opened and the value in that field is removed the business rule is not
You can download Rollup 1 for CRM 2013 SP1 here : http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2953252
Update Rollup 18 for CRM 2011 resolves the following issues:
CRM Outlook Related
- Users of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook may experience slow performance in views if those views contain attributes with the Option Set data type.
- Emails are sent out from Outlook with duplicated tracking tokens.
- When replying to an email from within the CRM for Outlook client, duplicate records are created in the ActivityPointerBase table.
- Each LookupMru entry in the UserEntityUISettingsBase table is added to the OfflineQueue table for offline functionality of the CRM for Outlook client, even though no changes to the record or the MRU list have been made, which can cause performance issues.
- When synchronizing recurring Appointments from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client for Outlook in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, users receive frequent reminder notifications even if the reminder is dismissed.
- When attempting to page through Quick Find results in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook after sorting, users receive the following error: “There was an error displaying the records in this view”
- When a user has delegate access to a Calendar and they receive a Meeting Request for another user, the Appointment is never created in CRM. The Appointment states, “This meeting will be tracked in CRM after it is saved or sent”.
- When calling AddMembersTeamRequest to a Team that has been shared to a record simultaneously to two or more Teams with the same set of members, blocking in the database on the Subscription.ReInitialize column if the members are configured for Outlook.
- When the AddressBookMaterializedViewsEnabled OrgDbOrgSettings value is set to True, and Update Rollup 16 is installed on the server and client, searching for records in the CRM client for Outlook Address Book will not return correct records and the sort order may be incorrect.
- Under certain conditions, emails that are tracked and sent will not successfully promote to Microsoft Dynamics CRM and the user will receive an error: “Unknown error occurred while synchronizing data to Outlook.Item Name=SUBJECT” error.
- In the Dynamics CRM Outlook Client, when going back Online, the ActualEnd value is reset on an Activity that was completed while offline
- After updating the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook past Update Rollup 11, users are no longer able to scroll through the email description field contents using the Reading Pane
- Emails are sent with duplicate tracking tokens
ROLES and TEAMS
- After installing Update Rollup 16 or Update Rollup 17 on CRM 2011, users that are members of teams with an assigned security role can no longer access CRM and receive a 404 error.
- The Create Activity dialog fails to open during a Mail Merge operation.
- When you upgrade to Update Rollup 16 or Update Rollup 17 for CRM 2011 and you have workflows that contain wait conditions on attributes, the wait conditions may fail if they are not one of the following attribute types: (DateTime, Status, Boolean, Decimal, Float, Money, Integer, Picklist/OptionSet) This occurs if you have enabled the OrgDbOrgSetting: ActivateAdditionalRefreshOfWorkflowConditions
- After installing Update Rollup 17 users can no longer use the backspace button in any text fields if they are not using the System Setting “Load pages in the most recent version of Internet Explorer”.
- The “Set this computer to be the Synchronizing client” option does not take effect when selected
- Workflows are triggered after resolving a case, even if the fields are not updated when the Form Assistant is enabled.
- Tracking an email through the CRM Email Router in CRM 2011 when there are two images embedded in the body and one image is a link to an image (url), the image that was not the link is duplicated and replaced the one with the link.
- If a user’s logon domain is different from the Fully Qualified Domain Name, Deployment Manager crashes while opening.
- Changing the SharePoint display language breaks the CRM to SharePoint Integration.
- After upgrading to the latest CRM 2011 List Component for SharePoint 2010, a script error occurs, which will typically block the prompt on whether or not the user wants to create the folder location SCRIPT5009: ‘IsNull’ is undefined createfolder.aspx, line 11 character 4
- Dynamics CRM 2011 with SharePoint 2010 or 2013, the edit properties page not scrollable when list has multiple fields
- An error occurs ” intermittently when running reports: “MSCRM Data Connector Not Installed”
- You execute a report after installing Update Rollup 17 for CRM 2011 and suddenly receive rsProcessingAborted errors when running reports
You can get Rollup 18 for CRM 2011 here: Download here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44265